More ominous than the threat posed by rising interest rates to the stock market, is the one posed to the Federal budget. Higher rates will reduce tax revenue as it increases debt service costs. Widening budget deficits will push rates even higher, creating a dangerous cycle.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) January 19, 2018
Hot And Trending...
Trending
- Investing from an Austrian perspective.
- What do Austrians think about defaults?
- CNBC asked me why I buy gold: "That's not why I buy [gold]. It's got nothing to do with the end of the world for me" http://bit.ly/1HGPOWj
- I think they're going to get ready to cut rates again and loosen financial positions even further as the economy goes into recession. http://bit.ly/2jK7kDH
- Frankfurt, Germany, based CoinInvest director Daniel Marburger told Bloomberg his gold coin sales increased five-fold as cryptos tumbled. http://ift.tt/2DvlXCX
- The latest issue of Silver News features some fascinating technological developments related to silver. http://bit.ly/2xRqo4O
- SRSrocco put together a graph tracking production for the top-four gold producers. You will note a pretty consistent downward trend. If these forecasts hold, we are looking at a 23% drop in output over less than a decade. http://bit.ly/2I5FJVb http://bit.ly/2D3w91e
- I cited Mises in my op-ed on government surveillance for the Tampa Tribune.
- Actual income tax protesters
- Crushing Myths and Building a New Case for Gold: Gold Videocast with Albert K Lu https://t.co/og4VKkgXAM @SchiffGold