#Trump is wrong. Our trade deficits don't result from bad deals but an uncompetitive economy & excess-spending by over-leveraged consumers!— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) February 23, 2017
- Paul Ryan is wrong to claim big corporations pay a lower federal tax than small business, as the effective corporate tax rate is over 50%!
- There is no substantive difference between a temporary and permanent tax cut, as all tax cuts are temporary. Taxes can be raised at any time
- If after hours of calling a Puerto Rican government office an employee finally answers, he will hang up if you ask him if he speaks English!
- The proposed hallmarking system will increase transparency, foster confidence, and likely help support demand. http://bit.ly/2tFtBC2
- @ArensTed 35% at the corporate level, then 24% on the same income at the personal level when paid as dividends.
- Jim Iuorio on CNBC's Futures said he’s still bullish on gold because the Fed’s tone doesn’t match economic data. http://bit.ly/2sQdoNj
- To Puerto Ricans wanting #StatehoodPR : If you think the Zika virus is bad, wait until you feel the sting of an infestation of IRS agents!
- Texas provides a blueprint that could ultimately undermine the Fed and its monopoly on money. http://bit.ly/2tSFRzo
- The government of Puerto Rico employs the most people on the island, yet if you call a government office none of them will answer the phone!
- Here are five ways rising interest rates can put the squeeze on your pocketbook. http://bit.ly/2rDc25f