Sunday, August 23, 2015

What if the Luddite fallacy isn't a fallacy forever?

Personally I'm not fond of the neoluddite freak out going on right now, but I do think there is a little truth to it. It's pretty logical that we have been working toward a low-effort high yield economy. So it only makes sense that underemployment is becoming a trend. I personally believe the emerging gig/sharing/freelance economy is a natural market reaction. But the problem is that in the long term these jobs will become more and more subjective, to the point where a human presence would be pure novelty. Not to say we're anywhere near the point of a novelty economy, but it's definitely worth planning ahead of. I'm asking here because the only thing I ever hear as a solution is UBIG, reverse income tax and citizens dividend. Some even say that we'll naturally abandon money all together. Not to say I would reject money for nothing, but when all is said and done it may be too much to ask and abolishing money would take a catastrophic transition.

link: http://bit.ly/1h5p6Kk